This is handly prototype board for development of USB application with PIC18F4550 microcontroller. The great all about it is that if you want only to load code to it i.e. to program it you can do this without any additional programmer. Microchip provides these free USB solutions for their microcontrollers which are available for you to use off the shelf: USB HID Class firmware you can build mouse or other Human Interface Device for Windows, USB CDC Communication class device, USB Mass Storage firmware - add your own USB disk drives to your computer, USB-to-RS232 driver. The planty of prototype space allow you easy to add on sensors, relays and other peripherial devices to interface to USB. The board can take power from USB or from External supply with small jumper selection. RESET button, User button and LED are on-board.
• ICSP/ICD connector for programming with debuggine with PIC-ICD2, PIC-ICSP PROGRAMMER
• USB 2.0 type B connector allow board to be interfaced to PC host.
• PIC18F4550-I/P on DIL40 socket
• Quartz crystal 20Mhz
• 1 testing LED
• Reset button
• Power plug-in jack with diode bridge can be powered with AC or DC power supply
• 5V voltage regulator
• Extension slot on every uC pin
• Gird 100 mils
• GND bus
• Vcc bus