Renesas Starter Kit for RL78
Target Devices - RL78/G12 - 16-Bit Single-Chip Microcontrollers
• General-purpose register: 8 bits × 32 registers (8 bits × 8 registers × 4 banks)
• ROM: 2 KB to 16 KB, RAM: 256 bytes to 2 KB, data flash memory: ?/2 KB
• High speed on-chip oscillator : 24/16/12/8/4/1 MHz(TYP) can be selected
• On-chip single-power-supply flash memory (with prohibition of block erase/writing function)
• On-chip debug function
• On-chip power-on-reset (POR) circuit and voltage detector (LVD)
• On-chip watchdog timer (operable with the dedicated low speed on-chip oscillator clock)
• On-chip key interrupt function
• On-chip clock output/buzzer output controller
• On-chip BCD adjustment
• I/O ports: 18/22/26 (N-ch open drain: 2)
• 16-bit timer: 4/8 channels
• Watchdog timer: 1 channel
• 12-bit Interval timer: 1 channel
• CSI: 1/2/3 channel
• UART: 1/3 channel
• Simplified I2C: 0/2/3 channel
The Renesas Starter Kit for RL78 is intended as a user-friendly introductory and evaluation tool for the RL78/G12 - microcontroller. The board also provides a useful platform for evaluating the Renesas suite of development tools for coding and Flashing , using High-performance Embedded Workshop as well as programming the device using Flash Development Toolkit.
The Renesas Starter Kit for may be connected to the host PC using a simple RS232 serial connection (not normally fitted) or via the included USB interface CP2102 USB to uart converter Chip Included on the Board .
The purpose of the board is to enable the user to evaluate the capabilities of the device and its peripherals by giving the user a simple platform on which code can be run only minutes from opening box. It can also prove an invaluable tool in development by providing a useful test platform for code already debugged using one of our more powerful emulation tools.
NSK Starter Kit Features
• USB Powered
• RS232 Tx, Rx interface with MAX232 IC on socket
• Quartz crystal 20.000Mhz
• Reset button
• Power plug-in jack
• Extension slot on every uC pin
• GND bus
• Vcc bus
• Four mounting holes 3,3 mm (0,13")
• Renesas Development Board ( WITH CHIPS RS232,RTC1307,24c02 ,LCD 16X2).
• USB cable.
• Software CD( Renesas IDE,Flash Tool kit,Datasheets).