Mifare 13.56 Mhz RC522 RFID card reader Module
Mifare RC522 is the high integrated RFID card reader which works on non-contact 13.56mhz communication, is designed by NXP as a low power consumption, low cost and compact size read and write chip, is the best choice in the development of smart meters and portable hand-held devices.
MF RC522 use the advanced modulation system, fully integrated at 13.56MHz with all kinds of postive non-contact communication protocols. Support 14443A compatible answer signal. DSP deal with ISO14443A frames and error correction. Futhermore, it also supports rapid CRYPTO1 encryption to validate Mifare series products. MFRC522 support Mifare series higher speed non-contact communication, duplex communication speed up to 424 kb/s. As a new family member in 13.56MHz RFID family, MF RC522 has many similarities to MF RC5200 and MF RC530, and also has more new features.
This module can fit directly in hand held devices for mass production. Module use 3.3V power supply, and can communicate directly with any CPU board by connecting through SPI protocol, which ensure reliable work, high reading distance.
RC522 - RFID Reader / Writer Features:
• Integrated MF RC522
• 13.56MHz contactless communication card chip.
• Low-voltage, low-cost, small size of the non-contact card chip to read and write.
• Suitable for Smart meters and portable handheld devices.
• Advanced modulation and demodulation concept completely integrated in all types of 13.56MHz passive contactless communication methods and protocols.
• 14443A compatible transponder signals.
• ISO14443A frames and error detection.
• Supports rapid CRYPTO1 encryption algorithm, terminology validation MIFARE products.
• MFRC522 support MIFARE series of high-speed non-contact communication, two-way data transmission rate up to 424kbit/s.
• Low cost, and ideal for user equipment development.
• The reader and RF card terminal design meets advanced applications development and production needs.
• Can be directly loaded into the various reader molds, very convenient.
RC522 - RFID Reader / Writer Specifications:
• Operating Current :13-26mA / DC 3.3V
• Idle Current :10-13mA / DC 3.3V
• Sleep Current: < 80uA
• Peak Current: < 30mA
• Operating Frequency: 13.56MHz
• Supported card types: mifare1 S50, mifare1 S70 MIFARE Ultralight, mifare Pro, MIFARE DESFire
• Environmental Operating Temperature: -20 - 80 degrees Celsius
• Environmental Storage Temperature: -40 - 85 degrees Celsius
• Relative humidity: relative humidity 5% - 95%
• Reader Distance: ≥ 50mm / 1.95" (mifare 1)
• Module Size: 40mm × 60mm
• Module interface: SPI
• Data transfer rate: Maximum 10Mbit/s