Reed Switch :
This is a small device called a reed switch. When the device is exposed to a magnetic field, the two ferrous materials inside the switch pull together and the switch closes. When the magnetic field is removed, the reeds separate and the switch opens. This makes for a great non-contact switch. This switch can carry up to 1.2A.
• Reed contacts are hermetically sealed within a glass tube with inert gas and do not receive any influence from the external atmospheric environment.
• Quick response
• The structure comprises the operating parts and electrical circuits arranged coaxially. Reed switches are suited to applications in radio frequency operation.
• Reed switches are compact and light weight.
• Superior corrosion resistance and wear resistance of the contacts assures stable switching operation and long life.
• With a permanent magnet installed, reed switches economically and easily become proximity switches
• Automotive electronic devices
• Control equipment
• Communication equipment
• Measurement equipment
• Household appliances